Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What we've been doing lately...


Seeing as how I haven't blogged in well over a month, things have been a little nutty around here. My work scheduled changed in June, which I was totally excited about, but has thrown me for a bit of a loop. I'm working 3 eight hour days and then from home as needed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I haven't worked an 8 hour day since BEFORE Grayson was born... holy moly batman... I'm wiped by the time we get home! On the flip side, I'm super productive at work and banging through my to-do lists. The boys are at a new school during the summer, which I think they like. Grayson has swim lessons weekly and they go on field trips, which he loves. Graham is happy as long as there is food, so we can't really go south with him.

Grayson is officially signed up for soccer in the fall. Everyone, including Grayson, is way jazzed about it. We've been practicing in the backyard already-- he actually is pretty good with the running and kicking the ball to the goal.

Ah, Grahamer... what to do with this child. I'm researching books on strong willed children-- sure enough, he will be the payback I probably deserve!! He's going through this hitting/biting/tantrum thing-- I guess its the terrible 2's starting up. He just screams for the heck of it... and he'll throw himself on the floor as if the last morsel of food has been eaten by his older brother and he'll starve to death. He definitely gets the drama thing from me. :)

We've been having a great summer-- matter of fact, I can't recall a more fun summer in recent memory. We've taken the kids to the zoo (riding the Dart Rail down there), we've gone swimming several times and played outside in the sprinkler. Next week, we head to Colorado to see my Dad and Ellen. Geoff and I are going to take a quick trip up to Denver for my 10 year college reunion over the weekend, which I'm totally excited about. We always have a great time in Colorado, so I'm looking forward to it. I'll be back with more later... TTFN.

No comments: